I decided to share the pipeline management tool I have been developing and using about a year.
Tik Manager is a lightweight multi-platform and multi-software project management system.
It is designed for small-mid range teams and individuals.
Tik Manager has following features / tools:
- Consistent naming of scenes and versions
- Version and reference controlling
- Supports Maya, 3ds Max, Houdini, Nuke
- Standalone version to view and launch all the scenes created with supported softwares
- Alerts the user for possible problems (FPS mismatch, never/older software version etc.)
- Easy and consistent animation previews with logging and playback support
- User database for tracking project progress
- Makes the workflow safer while preventing data loss. No accidental overwriting is possible
- Image Manager (Maya only)
- Checks the scene for possible errors before rendering
- Resolves a consistent render path and makes tracking of rendered images easier
- Supports Mental Ray, Vray, Arnold and Redshift render engines
- Image Viewer
- Lists rendered images (or footages) as collapsed items
- Executing the sequences within the application by double clicking
- Option to send the selected sequences to a remote path in a dated folder
- Project Materials – A tool for organizing and viewing brief documents, concepts, artworks, references etc.
- Global Asset Library – Keeps re-usable assets organized
- Easy installation single CLI installer. (Windows only)
- Easy to Use with no learning curve
Tik Manager is free for both personal and commercial usage.
Here is a quick demonstration of the most basic usage:
You can download the current version the link below:
Installation video – for windows, check the documentation/Installation for other Operating Systems
!!! IMPORTANT NOTICE: !!!
Because of the changes in pymxs and MaxPlus modules after 3ds Max 2018, Tik Manager v2.4 was not compatible with 3ds Max 2018 and up.
If you are using 2018 or above, please download Tik Manager v2.5